Hi all.
I haven't been posting because it's been the most momentous and surreal week of my life. I don't know if I can condense everything I've been feeling into a blog post, but I'll give it a try.
-I FINISHED high school! I've realized that h.s. graduation is an even bigger deal than most because we're not just celebrating high school, we're celebrating the last 12 years of school and how much we've grown in the last 12 years. Anyway, that's how our parents see it.
-I aced my last math final, which was a big deal because math has always been the hardest/most frustrating subject for me. Endings are important -- to finish strong is to celebrate the whole journey. I know that I walk away from DHS stronger than ever, academically, emotionally, in every way.
-I sang in my last DHS choral concert! Before any more time goes by I need to thank everyone in Chorale for everything. Especially last year, if I had a bad day I knew I could always find a safe, happy, musical refuge in the chorus room. And there is a lot of truth to the music we've done. It's not just music, it's an image of what can happen for us. I knew that last night, singing "When You Believe" after this week's big news (more on that later)
-I went to my senior prom! Andrew, if you're reading this I'm still so honored that you went with me. I'm so glad we met at Formal '08 because everything started looking up for me after that night (and not just because you're tall). I used to be a lot less confident, kind of guarded off from people for a while, and you helped change that.
-I FINALLY got into BRANDEIS!!!!!! It really may be the most tumultuous love story I've had so far- I fell in love with the school last July, got deferred ED in December, got waitlisted in April, pretty much accepted the fact that I wouldn't get in, but held on a little longer through May, and now I'm going there! If there is one quote that sums up everything I've been through, it would be "If you will it, it is no dream." It was pretty close to being only a dream, but I never stopped hoping, and here it is.
-And now, I am a proud graduate of DHS! Last night I noticed something funny: none of the seniors cried at graduation. Of course there was some whining about the abnornally cold weather (seriously, what the heck?) but the kids were all laughing and celebrating. This is because we're ready for whatever comes next. We're ready to move on and enjoy the summer. It's time to go, and it's all good.
Friday, May 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment